On 19th December 2018, at Ha Long International Cruise Port, Vietnam National Administration of Tourism Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, with the cooperation of the People’s Committee of Quang Ninh Province, Sun Group, Saigon Tourist, etc., celebrated the ceremony of welcoming the 15 millionth international visitor to Viet Nam. The 15,000,000th, the 14,999,999th and the 15,000,001st were presented the Order of Merits by the leaders of Tourism Industry as well as a plenty of souvenirs and gifts from the sponsors.
The year 2018 is full of important events to the Industry, i.e., Vietnam Tourism has received many important international awards, the first Tourism Submit was held and now the ceremony of welcoming the 15 millionth international visitor. This is a confirmation that Viet Nam is an attractive, safe and friendly destination in the Asia-Pacific Region now and in the future and is the foundation for Tourism to reach the target of developing tourism into a spearhead economic sector.
The most impressive awards received in 2018 of Vietnam Tourism:
– Asia’s Best Destination, awarded by the World Travel Awards
– Asia’s Best Golf Destination, awarded by the World Golf Awards
The milestones of international visitor arrivals: In the 58-year history of development, the international visitor arrivals have been growing fast over the time:
– The year 1994: received more than 1 million
– The year 2000: received more than 2 millions
– The year 2005: received more than 3 millions
– The year 2008: received more than 4 millions
– The year 2010: received more than 5 millions
– The year 2011: received more than 6 millions
– The year 2013: received more than 7 millions
– The year 2016: received more than 10 millions
– The year 2017: received close to 13 millions
For the year 2018, Vietnam Tourism sets the target of welcoming the 15 millionth international visitor, serving around 80 million domestic visitors, total revenue of 620 thousand billion VND.