Hanoi has always been exciting, thriving, buzzing, incredibly fun, and pretty complicated to navigate. What if you had one day in Hanoi, what would you do? Here are our suggestions.
- Let your day begin with a bowl of Pho which can easily be found around the city.
- Take a walk around the Old Quarter, enjoy the beauty of city life and Hanoi’s historic architecture.
- For a more artsy atmosphere, visit Trang Tien street where there are many galleries and showrooms, or spend time at Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre.
- Try “Bún Chả” – Grilled Pork & Noodle on Nguyen Khuyen Street.
- Visit Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam, the first university of Vietnam.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum at Ba Dinh Square, or the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long on Nguyen Tri Phuong Street
- A stop by the Vietnam Fine Arts Museum on Nguyen Thai Hoc Street must not be missed.
- Relax with a drink and admire the romantic and peaceful sunset over West Lake
- Try “Banh Mi”, a Vietnamese sandwich — a perfect light meal to refuel.
- You must try “Cha Ca La Vọng” – Turmeric Grilled Fish on Duong Thanh Street for dinner.
- Have draft beer at Ta Hien street and take walk on the walking street (if it is the weekend)
You can always try a tour on “Xich lo” – a novelty experience that you cannot find anywhere else. Still, all other transportation is available – Grab, bus, or even double-decker bus. Keep your options open for a most enjoyable day in Hanoi.